July 6, 2020
Grace and Mark have endured a LOT in just a few months. They planned their spring wedding in the middle of April, however, Mark wasn’t through with the Fire Academy quite yet, which would have given him his only day off to get married. They decided to push the wedding back one month, to mid-May. Then COVID caused things to shut down. Mark’s Fire Academy was on hold, the wedding was on hold…everything was on hold. In the middle of all of this, they bought a house, gutted it, and were remodeling.
Throughout this, Grace and Mark never once showed a lack of faith. Each time I spoke with them, they were always cheerful, positive, and put their trust in the Lord, as most things were completely out of their control.
The week leading up to their wedding, the forecast showed a 40% chance of rain, then a 60%, then 80%. My heart was heavy as I knew their day was FINALLY here, yet, it was supposed to rain. Actually it called for thunderstorms all day. I checked the weather every day, and although the thunderstorm chance continued to diminish, I knew Tennessee was notorious for rain showers to come out of nowhere. As I was driving to the church, the sky looked hazy and gray. I had packed plenty of clear umbrellas, and I ran through how I would need to adjust their 1st look, & family formals. I even had a backup plan if it DID rain all day and nothing could be taken outside.
When I arrived at the church, there was not a drop of rain or a rain cloud in sight!! It was overcast, but no rain!!! It stayed clear all day, and we even saw the sun!
Grace and Mark had a beautiful wedding surrounded by their closest friends and family. I know they were so excited for this day to finally arrive, and can now look forward to spending the rest of their lives together as husband and wife!
Mark’s team was on shift that day so they sat in their trucks, patiently waiting for the new Mr. and Mrs. to open the church doors. As soon as they did, they hit the lights, sirens blared and horns were honking!!! It was really something to see!!!
Mark and Grace made their grand exit in a beautiful mint colored Chevelle….and you can’t have a getaway car like that, without burning a little rubber!!!
Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. Manning!
Thank you to all the vendors to helped make this wedding day so very wonderful!
Venue | Barton’s Creek Baptist Church
Catering | Chester Jordan’s Catering
Wedding and grooms cake | Allison Renee with The Occasional Cupcake
Bridesmaids dresses | Memories
Groom and Groomsmen attire | Van Heusen
Planner | Paula Piercy
Wedding rings | Winfree Rone
Hair artist |
Makeup Artist |
Florals | Mike’s Flower Shop
Sign Art |
If you liked this, then I think you’ll love these: